Welcome to my new Blog


I hope you all enjoy it but please be patient while I get into the swing of things. So let me start off by outlining how I see this Blog developing. In over ten year of working and travelling around the world I have had some great experiences. However I had no one to guide me on my path and I made a lot of mistakes along the way and I hope to pass on some advice to people wanting to succeed in the industry.


Tuesday 9 February 2010

Plastiki to Cross Pacific to Highlight environmental Concerns















Plastiki is a 60 foot Catamaran made out of more then 12 thousand bottles. The project is the brainchild of David de Rothschild. Once sea trials are completed the team will attempt to cross the Pacific from San Francisco to Australia.

 "The goal of the expedition is to not only continue encouraging the world to focus on reducing, reusing and recycling more of its natural resources but ultimately to think smart by re-thinking waste as a resource. It is such a re-think that will ultimately help to promote and provide stepping-stones towards the type of thinking that will lead individuals, business and industry alike to start living within the equilibrium that our natural world craves" (Plastiki Website)

On many occasions I have been saddened to see plastic in the middle of oceans or on remote tropical islands, this project will also try and highlight what has been dubbed as the  "Pacific Trash Vortex". Ocean currents trap an estimated 100 million tonnes of waste in an area twice the size of Texas.  It is truly disgusting and it is fantastic that Plastiki's voyage will help highlight this problem.  



No comments:

Post a Comment