Welcome to my new Blog


I hope you all enjoy it but please be patient while I get into the swing of things. So let me start off by outlining how I see this Blog developing. In over ten year of working and travelling around the world I have had some great experiences. However I had no one to guide me on my path and I made a lot of mistakes along the way and I hope to pass on some advice to people wanting to succeed in the industry.


Saturday 13 February 2010

waterproof Mobile Phone











Any water-sports instructor will tell you that mobile phones are invaluable on the water. Although all centres I have ever set up have used radios as the primary means of communication their are many times when the phone is easier and more reliable. It used to be a bit of a ocuptional hazard to have to buy a couple of new phones a year. One strategy used by a lot of professionals was to buy the cheapest phone you could find (classic Nokia's). However if the phone was lost in the water and you had not backed up your contacts all your numbers would be lost. Waterproof phones are not a new thing but the early models never worked that well and I remember many a phone being destroyed in the bottom of pint glasses. Keeping your phone in a waterproof case such as an Aquapac makes it much harder to use and it no longer fits in your pocket.
With the real cost of Smart Phones being nearly as much as a laptop, you really don't want to take them out on the water. 
So what we want is something cheap, simple to use, off contract and that works.    Samsung have answered that question for us with the B2100 Solid Extreme which can be yours from Amazon for just £70. Job Done.




1 comment:

  1. After six months of use my Samsung b2100 finally died, I believe something wrong with the internal speaker. On investigation despite six months of regular swims in the drink he innards were still dry. I think as a spare phone for weekend use on the water it is great but for regular use the battery life is poor and the menus hard to use. I am on the lookout for a new phone to review

    ReplyDelete