Welcome to my new Blog


I hope you all enjoy it but please be patient while I get into the swing of things. So let me start off by outlining how I see this Blog developing. In over ten year of working and travelling around the world I have had some great experiences. However I had no one to guide me on my path and I made a lot of mistakes along the way and I hope to pass on some advice to people wanting to succeed in the industry.


Monday 8 February 2010

Sailing on a wing and a prayer







 As I write this the start of the 33rd Americas Cup has been delayed in Valencia due to light winds until Wednesday. The Cup has not been run since 2007 due to legal battles between the teams which have damaged the reputation of the sport. The video of BOR 90 BMW Oracle below is just awesome, this wing they have constructed is like nothing we have ever seen in sailing. These boats can sail at speeds and wind angles previously thought impossible.
Yes the boats are expensive and it has more to do with money then skill but this is our F1. The technologies will filter down into everyday racing to keep our sport vibrant and exciting. This event allows the designer a complete blank canvas and I for one cannot wait for the drama to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment