Welcome to my new Blog


I hope you all enjoy it but please be patient while I get into the swing of things. So let me start off by outlining how I see this Blog developing. In over ten year of working and travelling around the world I have had some great experiences. However I had no one to guide me on my path and I made a lot of mistakes along the way and I hope to pass on some advice to people wanting to succeed in the industry.


Tuesday 2 February 2010

Turn wind into profit







With ever increasing fuel prices and a demand for cleaner emissions, Hamberg based SkySails produce a range of kites that can be retro-fitted to existing vessels. The system is highly automated and requires no extra crew. The whole system is stowed in a relatively small locker on the bow so unlike conventional masts there are no obstructions on deck when going under bridges or unloading cargo. Fuel savings of up to 50% are possible depending on the direction and strength of the wind. I think this is a great concept and hope to see many vessels using this technology on the high-seas in years to come. The system can be fitted on vessels down to 30 metres in length so it is possible we will see this technology employed on super-yachts.

No comments:

Post a Comment